Onon Muren was born in Inner Mongolia, China in 1985.
She studied jazz theory, arrangements and composition at the Jam Music Lab University Vienna. Before that, she studied composition, Morin Khuur (matouqin or horse head violin) and Mongolian Sanxian (3-string long-necked lute) at the University of Arts in Inner Mongolia.
- Various solo appearances with the horse head violin, such as in the Vienna Hofburg as part of the Vienna Chinese New Year’s Ball 2019, at a concert on the 60th anniversary of the victory over fascism in the Golden Hall of the Vienna Musikverein and at the opening ceremony of a film festival in Cologne in 2009.
- Various appearances at the Confucius Institute.
- 2017 Participation in the projects “Nomaden im Speck” and “Nomaden des Seins – a festival week of listening and sounding” as part of the “World Music from Vienna” of the Kunstverein Klangwerk Wien
- 2016 musical performance at the book presentation “Austria and China in Pictures 1624-2016” in the Austrian Parliament (Vienna)
- 2013 Participation in the performance of “Peter and Wolf” with the ensemble of the Jam Conservatory for Jazz and popular music Vienna in the Golden Hall of the Wiener Musikverein
Contact via KultEurasia